Pharmacist, St Judes, St.Lucia
Qualifications and Experience
Our client seeks the following experience:
- An Associate Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized tertiary institution plus at least two (2) years experience as a practicing pharmacist in a hospital or private dispensing environment.
Summary of key duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in ward rounds, taking patient drug histories and involvement in decision making on appropriate treatments.
- Checks on correct dosage and combinations of medicines being dispensed and that they are appropriate and safe for the individual patient.
- Counsel patients on the use of medications and other aspects pertaining to the use of the dispensed medicines.
- Participates in management and control of inventory.
- Providing information on expenditure of drugs.
- Participates in revision of hospital formulary.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to accurately and efficiently dispense medications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and other health care professionals.
- Ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Knowledge of the law and ethical concerns relating to the supply of medicines.
- Ability to empathize and establish relationships with patients, the public and other health care professionals.
- Ability to counsel out/in-patients and ward units on the use of medications.
- Effective oral and written communications skills to interact with all level of hospital staff and patients.
- Ability to plan, implement, organize and problem solve independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer literate with ability to work with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Email.
- Registered or be eligible to apply for licensure with the St. Lucia Pharmacy Council to practice in St. Lucia.
- A valid driver’s license would be an asset.
Salary will be paid in accordance with the terms stipulated by the Government of St. Lucia in the Estimates of Expenditure commensurate with experience and qualifications for the post.
For further details please contact Account Executives: Jonny Scott-Slater or Alice Bury;
Telephone International: 0044 1872 274227;
Telephone US: 954 378 9414;
Mail CV2 – email@example.com
Confidentially is always assured.